Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Color Throw Down #52


I don't use purple or plum very often, so glad this challenge forced my hand on this. The colors for this challenge are plum, chocolate chip, and certainly celery. I love this image from Penny Black that I colored with my copic markers. I cut a diagonal piece of the chocolate chip to divide up the background somewhat. The dots were done in chocolate chip with the polka dot bg stamp from Stampin' Up. All papers, ribbon, and ink pads are from Stampin' Up. The dew drops were added at the last minute. Click here to check out this challenge.

9 comments:

LeAnne said...

Very pretty, Liz!! I think I am still on the first package of Perfect Plum I ever bought! Glad you were able to create something beautiful!

dpkennedy said...

I love that flower and it looks great in three's! Very pretty sketch too! Thanks so much for playing the CTD!

Broni said...

So pretty! I love those flowers and the strip of chocolate is a cool addition!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty even with the plum. You should use it more, this is great!

Juliana said...

SO VERY VERY beautiful!
I love the way you stamped the flowers!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Liz! Wonderful coloring of the lovely image!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Liz, this is GORGEOUS! Love the coloring on the flowers and the yummy chocolate ribbon! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Joan Ervin said...

You did an awesome job with the challenge colors, Liz....Your coloring looks fabulous!!!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love all these beautiful purples!! Such a gorgeous card!!