Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Color Throw Down Challenge #70

The colors for the Color Throwdown Challenge this week were dusty durango, old olive, and elegant eggplant. I couldn't find a piece of dusty durango in my papers, but of course, I had the ink. So, I just stamped a houndstooth background to give me the color I needed. The cross is from Layers of Colors' Gothic Cross collection and the scripture is from Sweet and Sassy. The two background stamps used are from Stampin' Up. I used this wonderful green leafy ribbon up the side and added purple primas.
An easy layout, great colors, and a quick card. Just what I needed on this very busy day before Thanksgiving. Wishing all my followers a very Happy Thanksgiving, safe travels, and a blessed day with loved ones!!!!

10 comments:

Archana Joshi said...

Very pretty card you made!

LeAnne said...

Thanks for playing with us, Liz! Love your card and how you incorporated all the colors into it! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

Elise said...

This is lovely work, Liz! Fabulous use of the CTD challenge... What an inspirational piece!

Broni said...

How pretty! I just love that vine of flowers! Thanks for playing along with us, Liz! Happy Thanksgiving!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Liz - Happy Thanksgiving my friend! I love this Color Throw Down Challenge card - I will have to check it out one day! Love that cross and the houndstooth EF - great together!! Thanks for sharing Liz! God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Tammy Hershberger said...

Beautiful design, Liz! I love the Houndstooth background! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!

Heather said...

Very pretty Liz! Love the vine.

Barbara said...

Beautiful, Liz!! Thanks for playing the Throwdown! Hope to see you again next time!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty Liz, that is a great cross. The soft colors are perfect.

Tammyhkam said...

Beautiful design, Liz! I love the Houndstooth background! Thanks for playing the Throwdown!