Sunday, February 14, 2010

Behind the scenes in Texas




The challenge today for the 2RedBananas challenge was to make your own background with stamps. I'm so ready for spring and it is the prettiest season in Texas! So with some of my favorite Texas stamps in hand (a stamp from Stampin' Up's retired Petal Prints and 2 stamps from Deadbeat Designs) I have created me a background for my Texas themed card. To add a little green I used a Studio G leaf stamp. I used gold cardstock for the Texas medallion and it is embossed in gold embossing powder. I used my SU markers for the bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush. I used ladybug red for the Texas stamp and bamboo leaf for the leaves.

6 comments:

Deb said...

Love this Liz! So many beautiful colors and images layered together for some great symbolism! 2nd Texas card I've seen today (the other was from Julie/JustWriteDesigns) and they both made me smile and think of my UTMB Galveston physical therapy school days! ;)

Mary said...

Beautiful, love the colors.

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome Texas wildflowers!! Your card looks just like a country Texas roadside!! What beautiful work!!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

This is just like the hill country in spring! Love it, Liz! Don't you love those Deadbeat images?

Corie said...

WOW this is gorgeous

JenMarie said...

This is FABulous!!