Saturday, May 15, 2010

Speedy's Friends Blog Challenge #3

This week is my week to present the challenge and I selected the spotlight technique. Here is the link to Beate's great tutorial on how to do one if you need a little direction:
spotlight technique

I stamped the palm of the Tropical Vacation set on the white panel. I stamped a portion of that stamp onto the white circle. I sponged color on for the sky in the cirlce, colored the palm with a copic marker, and with a dauber stamped the sun with orange ink.
Torn orange paper was placed across the black cardbase. I stamped the row of flowers on the orange. I added some baja breeze dp behind the circle and main image panel. I added the primas, punched some needle leaves and added that fabulous metal flower to the middle of the primas.

Hope you join Speedy's Friends in this week's challenge . Link your cards over at Mark's Finest Papers' Blog, Hope you enjoyed the May Blog Hop over at Mark's Finest Papers this week. Speedy's Friends DT is listed on my sidebar, so make sure you check all of those wonderful blogs as well.

5 comments:

Vicki Dutcher said...

Liz - such fabulous spotlighting! I adore this card!

Claudine Poch said...

Great job with this card. I like the swatches of orange.

Becky said...

This is fabulous, love the colors.

Joanne Travis said...

What a perfect image to use the spotlight technqiue on. Loe this!

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome work on this remarkable card!! The spotlighting on the palm tree is absolutely gorgeous!!