Sunday, May 2, 2010

Stampin' Sisters in Christ #37

The challenge over on Stampin' Sister in Christ is to use faux stitches. I happen to have a stitch pattern stamp that I love and thought it perfect for this challenge. The scripture for the week is Psalm 139:13 and my favorite part of that scripture is "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made: I know that full well."

I used scraps from my scrap pile to make this card, which reminds me that God can take even the remnants of our lives  to turn us into beautiful creatures. May you have a blessed Sunday and I hope this finds you not only sitting on the premises, but standing on the promises!!
Stamps: Marks' Finest Papers
             and the stitch stamp I don't remember
Ink: Old olive, tuxedo black
Papers: Stampin' Up, Basic Grey, and an unknow scrap

7 comments:

Chrissy D said...

Beautiful - love the earthy colors you chose!

Grace said...

Oh Liz this is beautiful! I love your faux stitching stamp!!! Where did you ever find that? Love your butterflies and great sentiment! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamping Sisters in Christ!!!

Miesje said...

Very cute card. I love the colors and the stamp is perfect. Thanks for playing with us on SSCC.

Jean said...

Beautiful card - chanced upon your blog and have been looking about. Your work is absolutely lovely. If you enjoy challenges, we post a new one every Sunday at www.justscraps.ca and would love to have you play along. Drop by and check us out.

Lynn McAuley said...

Love the fabulous faux stitching on these beautiful butterfly panels! What a wonderful card!!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Liz - you have a faux stitching stamp?!?! How cool! This is fabulous and a perfect card fr this weeks challenge - well done with the scraps - they are fabulous! We are glad you joined us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ - we would love to see you again next week!! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is beautiful Liz! I just love the faux stitching and the earthy tones with your images. Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.