Thursday, June 24, 2010

FTTC72

The Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday challenge was a sketch challenge hosted by Silke.
Since she is in my group of favorite stampers, I just had to do this challenge. I decided that if I could make one of the many challenge cards I do during the week a Christmas card, I could get my cards done a little bit at a time and wouldn't have to do so many when Christmas gets here. I love this Breezy Blue cardstock from Mark's Finest Papers and it went so well with this Basic Grey Eskimo Kisses collection. I matched an old piece of soft sky ribbon from my stash and used my nestabilities for the ovals. I punched the holly leaves out with a Martha Stewart punch and used red rhinestones as the holly berries.

8 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Love this fabulous Christmas tree framed with these gorgeous BG papers!! Beautiful work, Liz!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love this card, Liz! The little holly dp is adorable, and that tree in the ooval is fabulous!!!

Joan Ervin said...

What pretty papers, Liz, and I love how you added the bling to the tree!!! You are sooo smart to get started on Christmas cards...thanks for the inspiration!!!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Christmas card, Liz!
I love the DPs and the rhinestones on the tree...the holly embellishment is a cute idea!
Thank you so much for playing!

Silke Ledlow said...

AWWW Liz you are so sweet and I'm thrilled you had a chance to play the Sketch :)!!! Your x-mas card is absolutely beautiful!!! I love the Eskimo Kisses DP and the little sparkles you added to the tree and holly berries!!!

Enjoy your weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Chrissy D said...

Ohhh GREAT card! Love the festive Christmas tree with the silver on it.

Betty Wright said...

Just beautiful, Liz! Great dp choice and I love how you decorated the tree! Lovelyc ard! Thanks so much for playing FTTC!

Kathy Jones said...

CONGRATULATIONS on winning the Flourishes challenge Liz!!! I'm so happy for you and your card is wonderful!!!!! :)