Monday, June 7, 2010

KSCC#26

There is a new challenge up over at Kitchen Sink for this month. I was a lucky winner last month, so of course, am motivated to take part in this challenge as well. The challenge is to be inspired by a ribbon as a starting point for your piece. I love reds, yellows, and oranges and this plaid ribbon had them all. So that motivated which stamp I used and of course, the color scheme of the card. I used momento inks for my stamping and then I cuttlebugged the texture over the stamped image. Kind of like how that turned out. I used my Nestablities and also a Martha Stewart punch to complete the card. The papers are morning marigold ( an old retired color from SU), ivory and ripened tomato from Mark's Finest Papers, and only orange from SU. Don't forget to check on the fun over at Kitchen Sink Stamps. YOu have the entire month to work on your idea, and who knows, you might too be a winner.

4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the look of the herringbone embossed over the sunflower! What a fun thing to do!!

Beautiful ribbon for this sensational design!!

Thanks for creating this beauty for Kitchen Sink Crew Challenge 26!!!

Lisa Somerville said...

Lovely card, wonderful ribbon to use not only as your inspiration, but on your card!

Billie Dee said...

How unique and lovely. I expect such quality and originality from you!

Connie M. said...

So beautiful, Liz!! I love how you dry embossed the whole image...such wonderful texture on this card! Thanks so much for playing this month!! :)