Sunday, October 17, 2010

Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge #61

I know it's a perfect Sunday when I get to take part in the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge for the week. I love these crosses that are a part of a set from Layers of Color. I noticed they had donated a wonderful set for this week. So, I was motivated to use this LOC set. The design paper is from the Capella collect by Basic Grey and the card base is always artichoke. The sentiment set is from Stampabilities.
Prayer is a powerful gift. I will soon be a part of a ministry team going into a Women's Prison unit here in Texas and I am busy putting together a prayer chain that will be a part of the weekend. These 30 women who will take part in this weekend are always brought to tears when they see these prayer chains. Each link represents some person who is praying for them for the weekend. If you would like me to add you to the prayer chain, leave your first name and city in the comments and the date you would like to pray. The dates are Oct. 28th through Oct. 31.  I will be blessed to add you to it. These prayers are a powerful part of these incredible God-filled weekends and I was so touched by Lisa's message on Stampin' Sisters in Christ blog about prayer. I hope you will take time to read it.

13 comments:

Tameko said...

What a beautiful card. Love the crosses! I would like to take part in your prayer chain. Blessings,
Tameko - Cedar Hill - Oct. 31
tmbmays@gmail.com

Becky said...

Beautiful card, wonderful colors. Thank you for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ.

There is nothing like prayer to change things. Blessings

Patti J said...

Your card is beautiful. I love that pretty cross! Thank you for sharing it with us! We're happy that you joined us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ! Hope to see you next week, and best of luck to you in your new endeavor!

Susan said...

Liz, I will stand in the gap in prayer. Especially those days. Put me down for 1700 your time.

Your card is lovely in those soft colors. I like the dimension you gave to the cross and your trim.

Susan said...

Liz, I will stand in the gap in prayer. Especially those days. Put me down for 1700 your time.

Your card is lovely in those soft colors. I like the dimension you gave to the cross and your trim.

Lynn McAuley said...

What gorgeous work with your stunning layered cross! I love this awesome card!

Grace said...

Liz this is a gorgeous creation and I'm so thrilled to hear of your mission next weekend! Our church goes into the prisons (a women's team and a men's team) every week and many of us take those prayer requests and pray over them often! Prayer is indeed an importany ministry! I will be praying for you esepcially during those days. I will be away and praying for our Judgement day ministry especially during those days but will add this to my list! Thanks for taking your stand!!!
Thanks for joining us at Stampin Sisters in Christ!
hugs,
Grace

JaniceAileen said...

Beautiful! Love how you layered the two cross images! :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

OH Liz this is gorgeous!! I'm going to Brazoria this weekend so I will see you there. Funny, we have to drive out of town to finally meet-up HA!

Jennie said...

Just beautiful Liz, love the crosses layered like that!

Laura Kirste Campbell said...

Lovely! I love how you layered the crosses! Fabulous!

God bless you for serving with your heart. I prayed for your mission trip!

Lovely Linda said...

Hello Liz - I was sure I had left a message on this post- but apparently not! I love this card and the way you have layered this cross - it is so powerful! Thanks oyu for joining us at Stampin' Sisters in Christ this week, we appreciate your support! {{{hugs}}}
Linda SSIC Design Team

MariLynn said...

This is so pretty. I like how you layered the crosses.