Saturday, October 22, 2011

12 Days of Christmas



12 Days Of Christmas Blog Hop

Speedy the Cat at Mark's Finest Papers likes to get a head start on special Christmas gifts and memories for friends and family. He gathered the design team at Mark's Finest Papers to bring you 12 days of exciting paper crafting gift ideas to get that holiday mojo flowing. The hop runs for 12 consecutive days, starting October 17th! Begin your holiday hop at Speedy's home base, the Mark's Finest Papers blog and relax with a cup of eggnog (or sprig of catnip, your choice) as Speedy leads you though a short, daily hop. You'll find your holiday paper crafting ideas and supplies at Mark's Finest Papers.

Welcome to the 12 Days of Christmas Blog Hop! We have four samples each day for our hop! Please visit each of the following blogs for holiday inspiration! Start off tomorrow on the MFP Blog for more inspiration!

Day 6 Altered Frame Oct 22:

Harriet
Vicky
Debbie
Liz (that's me!)

My frame is one of those $1 wooden frames from Michael's that I spray painted with gold metallic paint. I stamped the French horns onto cardstock, colored them, and cut them out. I glued them to the side of the frame. I added a bow and some sparkling holly Jollee's stickers to add to the holly on the French horn. I created this little poem and stamped some additional holly to it to put inside the frame.
This is a quick and easy project that you could even do with kids. Makes a great gift idea for them to give grandparents, adding their favorite photo of themselves. What grandparent does not cherish those?? Hope you will merrily hop through the other remaining 6 days for other holiday and  gift ideas.

8 comments:

Winnie and Patty said...

Oh Liz--what a lovely altered frame. I love the french horns along the side!!! Great job. TFS

Karen McAlpine said...

Oh, I like idea of the spray paint. I wonder is Glimmer Mist would work??!! I am going to try it. TFS

Vicky Gould said...

Wonderful frame, Liz. Love the trio of French Horns!

Harriet Skelly said...

Beautifully done Liz - I love the french horns down the side!

Lagene said...

The french horns are perfect on this frame!

Lynn McAuley said...

Love your fabulous verse with this wonderful musical Christmas frame! Beautiful staging with Mary and Joseph with the Christ child!

Anonymous said...

So pretty and such a great gift idea!

Designing with Debbie said...

Liz pretty frame I love the french horns you used. TFS