Monday, October 31, 2011

My final "Hope you can cling to" card

The challenge today was to do a style that I was not known to do so often. I seldom make these fancy fold cards, because they take too much time for me. It took me 4 pieces of paper just to get the base of this card done correctly (and maybe I shouldn't use that word "correctly" either because that is probably questionable too).LOL  I found these cool brads at Michael's one day on sale and couldn't resist of course. They worked perfectly to camoflauge where my ink didn't stamp dark enough. You can almost always count on if my card has an embellishment it is covering some flaw in my stamping. My motto is "If you make a mistake, embellish, embellish, embellish!!" Now I will get my last batch of cards off to mail this week to MD Anderson here in Houston. It's been so fun taking part in these challenges, and my sister, Lynn has already won a prize for one of her cards. Congratulations, Lynn!

This was stamped with Kitchen Sink Stamps. It's a great set with some great sentiments to create with the card  you use the ribbon on.

1 comment:

Lynn McAuley said...

It looks fabulous!! Someone at MD Anderson is going to love receiving this remarkable beauty!