Wednesday, April 25, 2012

ODBDSLC105


The challenge this week was to GO  GREEN. I decided to do that literally in color. I used some fabulous Basic Grey design papers and this pretty butterfly from ODBD. The sentiment is from another set from ODBD as well. I added some diecuts from my newest Spellbinder set and used some Martha Stewart flowers and leaf punches. Here lately, I have been working with more greens in my creations and I love the yellow and mustard with it. The kraft strip reminded me of recycled cardboard which also went along with this challenge.Although the photo doesn't pick up the glimmer on the butterfly wings, after coloring them with copic makers, I went over them with a sparkle gel pen.

5 comments:

Catherine said...

Love the greens in this, so pretty....

Rosemary said...

beautiful card... love the butterfly and the yummy ribbon! thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!!

Carole said...

The colors are so soothing and pretty. I really like the way you cut out the flutterby. I always struggle with the antena. I'm going to remember how you did it:)

The Other Patti Sue said...

Absolutely gorgeous Liz!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Beautiful Liz!! I just love all the green, the butterfly and your details. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!
blessings,
Chris