Friday, July 12, 2013

CTD250


Today I am revisiting some old great stamps from a retired Stampin' Up set called  Best Blossoms. After stamping mambo melon flowers, bermuda bay flowers and crumb cake leaves, I added some punched circles of saffron yellow as flower centers and some crumb cake berries. Using blender pen I added some darkened areas of mambo melon on the big flowers and added with a copic tan marker some shadows to my berries. I sponged a little so saffron as a background.  This was a great color combo and what fun to be taking part in the 250th celebration of the Color Throwdown challenge.. The prizes are terrific.

6 comments:

Crystal said...

Soooo pretty Liz love your stamping on this, such pretty colors

:: BlueInks :: said...

The sponged background is just perfect. I have this stamp set too = great ideas!

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Liz, this is so pretty. Love the colors and the great placement of all the images.

Darlene said...

Simply stunning, Liz! Great colors together, so rich and lively. Sponging the So Saffron for the background is really great. The color of the ribbon is perfect too. Nicely done!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Gorgeous flowers, Liz and great way to work in the Throwdown colors! Thanks for helping us celebrate!

Lynn McAuley said...

Fabulous use of these bright colors!! I love this gorgeous blanket of blossoms!