Wednesday, February 17, 2016

CCEE1607 It's National Drink Wine Day!

Lynn is again our hostess for this week. Here is her challenge:

Who knew? In America, February 18 is National Drink Wine Day. Include a wine glass or bottle on today’s card in honor of this weird day!

We hope you will join us in this challenge and link your creation below. Should you post your design to another online gallery, please use keyword CCEE1607.


Since I am not a big wine drinker, I think of drinking wine on very special celebrations. So I used black paper because it seems more formal, and then I added some fancy glittered cardstock and a silver embossed page to add to the grandness of the celebration. Although it doesn't show too well in the photo, I dry embossed a border panel up the right side of the black card.  I colored my image with copic markers. 

7 comments:

Vicky Gould said...

Cool layout for your wine card, Liz! Love the colors you chose!

Lois said...

Purple was the perfect color choice for a wine challenge! Neat layout, too!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the elegance of the beautiful embossed layers with this great image! Such a pretty card, Liz!

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love the elegance of the black, and that beautiful purple sparkly dp!! Lovely!

Joanne (jojot) said...

so elegant with the black and the 'glittery' dp.....perfect image for this week too

StampOwl said...

love the texture on this card and purple definitely suits this challenge

Maryann said...

Love the embossed textures and the colour purple on this card.