Thursday, November 9, 2017

Mod Squad challenge - no white or ivory


I made this card for the Mod Squad challenge this week that requires one to NOT use white or ivory on their card. So, I did not even use white paper for the poinsettia. I stamped it on red paper, then I paper pieced the leaves from the green paper. I added copic marker highlights to the flower and the leaves. Rhinestones were used for the center of the poinsettia. I used a black card base, and found the green and glittery card stock in my scrap piles. Then I realized I used this same stamp for my challenge card last week. But it was on a white background. So I got just as much of a pop on the black background. The silver glitter added a little pazzaz.

3 comments:

jojot said...

very cool layout....bold and beautiful card

Barbara said...

You rocked this challenge! Ravishing card and so colorful. The splendid colors make a dazzling card. Thanks for sharing with us at the Mod Squad Challenge this week. Hope to see you again.

Barbara, challenge host

Lynn McAuley said...

Wow, what an impact!! I love this gorgeous design with your amazing poinsettia!!