Wednesday, December 6, 2017

ccee1749 Christmas carol

Welcome to this weeks challenge. At this silly time of the year do you find yourself singing or humming to a song that you have heard. For our challenge this week, take your inspiration from any Christmas Carol.


Music is definitely one of my favorite parts about the season. Since I didn't see that anyone made a card to represent the first ones who provided music on that glorious night we celebrate, I decided to hunt down one of my favorite angel stamps to make this card. I used ivory paper, embossed the card base, and then cut the gold pieces used out of some design paper scraps left by my paper cutter.  I colored the image with soft colors of copic markers. I added a few pearls as a simple embellishment. 

Hope you choice to join in on the fun this week by loading a card over on the cceestampers blogsite 
and add ccee1749 as your keyword. 

6 comments:

StampOwl said...

Gorgeous card, love the angel.

Lynn McAuley said...

Can you just image listening to those choirs of angels singing on that first Christmas? What a glorious card it has inspired here, Liz! Beautiful work!

Vicky Gould said...

Isn't she beautiful...and colored so beautifully! Wonderful Christmas card, Liz!

Lois said...

A lovely card, Liz! I like the embossing folder you used on the cream cardstock.

jdmommy - Anne Harmon said...

I love Christmas Carols, but I get to sing them all day!!! Nuts!!! Your image is gorgeous, and your card a real beauty. Your card came today........thanks for thinking of me, dear friend!

jojot said...

beautiful image and wonderful soft coloring